Friday, April 20, 2012

Tap Tap Tap... Is this thing on?

 Lets play a game.
I'll say a word\phrase then you fill in the blank with the first word\phrase that pops into your head.
Okay, ready? Here goes
Prom:
High School:
Drivers Licence:
Okay have you filled in the blanks? Now let me give you the answers.
Prom: Would be awesome if I could drive.
High School: Sucks. Because I cannot drive.
Drivers licence: Need one. So that I can drive.
Prom is tomorrow. My best friend, who I am going with, is 18. She has no licence. But not because she is a bad driver. Her mom just wont take her to go get it. We are going to prom with another friend of ours. She can drive. But she cant go out of the small town of Westville, OK. Westville only has three restaurants that were nice enough to ditch the drive through window. Other than a couple fast food places, 3 nice places to eat, the school, a movie rental place, and cows, we have nothing. Aside from churches. I love Jesus, but for a town as small as ours we have way to many churches. No one can agree on anything so inevitably our churches split off to become two churches. Its like small town biology. In fact the only after prom party that will be Alcohol and sex free will be held at my church. We will be going. I will be sleeping on the couches in the youth room. There is this amazing chair that squishes in when you sit in it. Its like a cloud. I absolutely love  it. To be completely honest I have trouble staying awake during lessons when I get to sit in it. It's the chair everyone argues and fights over. In fact me and a friend of mine have this competition going to see who can get to the chair first. She is winning because I have an inability to show up anywhere on time, let alone early. So she gets to church early, she gets the chair. It sucks.
Anyway, back to my driving... actually, my lack thereof. I can haul stuff out into the Field with my papas truck, but even that is illegal. I could get in trouble for it... if the police officers hadn't been teaching their own children to drive like that before they had a licence as well. We never lack Idiosyncrasy's in Westville. However, I cannot legally drive on the streets of Westville without a licenced driver in the passenger seat. As you can see my dilemma is this, What on earth can we do in Westville before prom? We will eat at Melly's. Try to guess what type of food they serve. Really, you wont guess... Its Mexican. I don't think anyone in Melly's is actually Mexican. Again, Idiosyncrasy's... Westville makes no sense... but we have fourish hours to kill so we have to do more than just eat.
Now, I should tell you that I am a Junior, and my 18 year old friend is a senior. This is her last year and then I will be all alone surrounded by people that I consider merely 'friends'. Needless to say there will be no one that I 'click' with... no BEST friend. Just, acquaintances. Nice people, just not overly exciting and fun. It's going to be depressing. So this is our last big thing together before we hardly ever see each other. Obviously not a night that is appropriate for throwing rocks at trees to kill time. Our original plans were to go to Fayetville (the closest town with a coffee shop and a good movie theater), play Laser tag, eat at Penguin Ed's(they have awesome fried pickles), then drive back to Westville for prom. It was going to be fun until Kristen's parents told her she couldn't leave town. Now we could be bad kids and not listen, but that hardly ever works out for anyone.  So we wont do that. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! I could lie about my age forge some documents and get my licence tomorrow. But that plan depends on a talent for forgery, an ability to look older than I am, and, again, someone to drive me... crap (also this is reverting back to being a bad kid, which I already scratched off my list as a possibility). So we will probably end up throwing paper wads at the backs of peoples heads in Melly's, going back to Krista's place and watching dumb movies... Yay!
I suppose we could go to sonic for ice cream after. I could get a coffee. My goal is for you to read sarcasm thick in the words on your screen. I couldn't feel more derisive than I do right now. Well, I probably could. There have been several instances in my childhood where I say things before thinking them through. I will always be this way... this is as true as a law of nature. Just as gravity pushes on the earth Kacie Davis will be sarcastic just to the point of being hateful. You would not believe the amount of people I have offended. Like this girl who was in my 6th grade class in Watts public school in Oklahoma. She got mad at me because I put boiled eggs on my salad. She said boiling an egg was committing chicken abortion against the chickens will (her parents were lovely people as you can imagine). So of course I, and how could I not really?, speared several large pieces of egg onto my fork, brought it to my lips and sighed with a smile as I chewed and swallowed. I looked into her horror stricken eyes and said,"That is the best chicken abortion I have ever tasted."
We haven't spoken since the seventh grade. I cant figure out why but I don't think she likes me.
Any way you are fully updated on my prom dilemma. Any ideas post em' below :)! Thanks for your time!
                                 -KC-
 

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment