Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Brain Sucks at Chess...

           I just did something bad. Well, bad for me. It doesn't really affect anyone else. Here's the excruciating and painful story. Reader discretion is advised.
I will begin by telling you that I love the T.V show 'Fringe'. When our love affair began it wasn't one of those instances where you see the commercials, think, "Well that looks good.", watch it and love it. No, I thought that it looked stupid and uninteresting when it first came out. I was unimpressed and just never watched it. My brother, on the other hand, watched it and loved it, so when it came out on DVD he rented the first season and watched the episodes ten billion times apiece. He eventually won me over and got me to watch an episode with him while we were eating lunch. From the first time Peter Bishop (Joshua Jackson) hit the screen I was hooked. After I got over how hot Peter was I realized that I was enjoying

Joshua Jackson
the story line. Holy crap I was getting into it! Well, of course my first instinct was to pretend like it was awful in front of my brother. I could not let him know that he was right. But I had to finish the season because I was officially hooked. So what could a girl do but wait until her brother was asleep and steal it from his movie shelf in his room? Needless to say he caught me. I got over the embarrassment and finished the season in less than a week. Then came season two and season three. The show was filled with crazy ups and downs and drama and some really disgusting and graphic murders\biological warfare stuff... Walter came into the show and instantly became my favorite character (this was in season one)! Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv) was my second favorite, what girl doesn't support the super strong and smart female lead? As you can see I was addicted.
Anna Torv

John Noble

    Now the last episode that I saw was the conclusion of season three. I'm not sure why we didn't watch season four on T.V but we didn't. I guess there was never time, and by the time they began five It was too late... I was too far behind.
     The painful part is that four days ago was Friday, and Friday is when Fringe comes on. I watched it... I experienced a very weak moment and I just couldn't make my finger push the channel button on the remote. It wouldn't budge. For that five seconds of indecision my finger remained poised above the button, my brain saying, "Change the Channel... NOW!" My heart saying, "Just watch long enough to see if Peter and Olivia are back together..." And so it went for five whole seconds. A heated chess game between my heart and my head. My heart won. I watched the entire episode. Beginning to end. It confused the crap out of me.
And, of course, it doesn't end there. In the episode I watched last Friday Peter and Olivia's daughter (I knew they got together) and her friend got Walter and Peter out of a block of amber, the Observers took over earth (I'm convinced that cows are in cahoots with the Observers), and I was going crazy!!!!! Ingrid (their daughter) has to be influenced by cortexiphan like Olivia in some way because she was able to hide her thoughts from the Observers... My theory is that the drug is somehow hereditary and is in her bloodstream too. Also, and I cannot stress enough how much this confuses me , William Bell is back...?!? How the heck did that happen?! Wasn't he dead the last time I saw him? Ummm... yes... yes he was. The last time Bell was in an episode I've seen he was in Olivia's consciousness. He made her drink soul magnates or something and his soul was drawn to her by the sound of a bell. You can see how far behind I am. So what happened? Did they reanimate his body somehow? Because that was all of William Bell, not just his soul, that I saw stuck in amber.
          As most of you know, once you have begun doing something your not supposed to, stopping gets harder and harder... like the proverbial child, looking through poorly guarded Christmas presents in his parents closet, I couldn't stop looking for updates on Fringe. I googled it... that has to be the most often used phrase of Americans today. "Google it"... Our answer for everything.
I found way more information than I needed. The web does not save you from yourself. It enables you... big time. I found a full overview of Fringe season one through four. I was happy until I realized that I was spoiling the whole thing.
And in order to stop myself I decided to blog about it. And here we are.
You have undoubtedly realized by now that I have no willpower. I am a weak, weak, woman. I will probably have to go home now and watch some Fringe re-runs to pacify myself.
                                                                   -KC-

No comments:

Post a Comment