Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"The Hills are Alive..."

         Just in case your wondering, yes... I did go home and watch old episodes of Fringe. Writing about just it put me in a Fringe mood. I tried to figure out what mine and my brothers doubles names would be. Like Olivia's double is Folivia and Walters is Walternate. How could you do Kacie?... I have no idea and I came up with nothing... If ya have ideas post em!
      Did any of you play with the zipper on Google yesterday? Because it distracted everyone, including me, in my class at ICTC for a full five minutes. I hate to admit it, but I am very easily amused...
So I have more of my story written, I will put it below as always. I had some trouble with this next excerpt because that was as far as I had planned. What you are about to read is new... There was no outline for it (honestly there hardly ever is) and was the product of several cups of coffee, brainstorming, and my crazy imagination. Oh wait... I guess nothings new... never mind.
Before I get into the story, however, I would like to talk about something. I don't think I've ever talked about this, but I am attending High School and a Tech School. I go to Westville, OK Public schools and Indian Capital Technology Center in Stilwell, OK (ICTC). I absolutely love  ICTC because despite the fact that I am a teen I get more freedom and responsibility. The teachers at ICTC expect me to be responsible and I, weirdly enough, love that. However, unfortunately, I still have to attend High school. No getting out of it. So, of course, I still have to take EOI's (End of the year Instruction). They suck. I don't know how many of you reading this have to take them, but they really are awful. At Westville, you are required to pass a certain amount of EOI's before you are allowed to graduate. They are hard and boring and I really do hate them. I always take a book for when I finish my test and I always end up reading for an hour and a half... It's really boring. Anyhoo, back to the point. I had to take one today. It was the essay portion of my English test. Writing has always come naturally to me so I have never failed an English or essay assignment. I always pass with flying colors and receive an above average score. I also end up sitting there board, reading a book for about two hours.
 Actually before I say this you should know that the pamphlet the teachers read before the test says not to discuss the test to anyone... I don't remember signing anything but who knows i could have... read at your own discretion, hehe.
Now you can Imagine my surprise when today I get a stupid prompt (the subject I have to write about) and have absolutely not idea how to respond to it or how to put it into five paragraph format. You see I was told before the test that it would be a persuasive essay. I would have to give three reasons why i like or did not like\want something or why I think that we should do something different.. Its always something like that... This was an Expository essay. I had to write about how I would use a years vacation from school in between high school and college. How do you put that in a five paragraph format? Intro, body (3 paragraphs), and conclusion... I ended up putting three things that I would want to do (in this case places that I would want to travel), then my body was a paragraph per place (Italy, Ireland, and Austria), then my conclusion. The conclusion is always the hardest part for me.             
The Hills are Alive..."



I decided that I wanted to eat amazing food in Italy, to just hang out in Ireland (I love their accent), and then I wanted to run around on the hills like in The Sound of Music in Austria and sing, "The hills are alive, with the sound of music" at the top of my lungs.It would be a pretty good year, however, I'm not sure if I met the requirements for the essay...
        Untitled still has no name can ya tell? I just don't know (sigh)...
Here it is, Untitled Continued:
             Annie was ushered into the room quickly, the hands of her nurse pushing firmly into her back. She forced her thoughts about the girl to the back of her mind as fear pushed it's way forward taking over control of her concentration and her thoughts.
She saw the nurse from earlier. She wondered about the girl he liked and if he had gotten to see her during his lunch hour. By the expression on his face, she doubted it. Dr. Sinclair was there as well, which scared her even more. She was put into a chair and told to remain quiet. All of their voices (out loud and otherwise) were frantic and busy and stressed out. She wondered why until she picked out one voice, the burger guy. His voice was panicked... but not like everyone else's. He was more nervous than confused. He kept looking around and peaking over his shoulder every once in a while. She usually tried to avoid reading peoples thoughts if she could help it, but this time she pried into his mind. He stole her file. He was planning on looking through it and seeing where she came from! She couldn't contain herself; she bounced in her seat, her eyes growing wide... He could tell her who she was! She tried to catch his eyes but he wouldn't look her way. In fact he avoided eye contact with anyone. He had stolen her file... why was  he interested in why she was here? She saw images of Sinclair and the nurse, Ethan, discussing her vision of the little girl, which hadn't stopped, the girl was still there beside her, Sinclair had made Ethan mad because he planned to make money off of her. Of course Annie had always known this. It was practically all he thought about when he was around her. At first, before she had gained the ability to read minds, she'd misinterpreted his joy. She thought (she was young) that Sinclair had just liked her. At that time she was cooperative, when she had realized other wise, she just stopped. He hadn't liked that. So he made her. He used cruel methods to make her behave, like electric shock and revoking her meals... he was not above starving someone to gain the results he wanted.
After a stern look from her nurse she resumed sitting still and being quiet.
                Sorry, that's all I have at the moment. Thanks for your time :)!
                                                                          -KC-

No comments:

Post a Comment