Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cap and Frown...

     It's the last day of school for me. I have cleaned out my desk, turned in all of my papers, now all I have to do for the next two hours is play around on my computer.
We watched a movie in class, Joyful Noise... but it's over. I really have reached my limit of productive things to do today so I have decided that I am going to write about graduating. I'm not graduating this year, but my best friend Krista is. She has taken the ACT several times, applied to schools and for scholarships, and even purchased the cap and gown. The ceremony is actually tomorrow.
We are pretty much useless at this point in the graduating process because all we can do is bawl... I will be alone for my senior year this August and she will (hopefully) be at College of the Ozarks or OBU. Both of these schools are several miles away. Like a couple hours drive in a car... long enough to sleep during the drive but not far enough away to fly... the frustrating torturous middle.
I made her a scrapbook and we are even having a party at her house. We are gonna watch movies and exchange gifts and eat and cry like little babies.... It's gonna be so much fun! Cannot wait... :(
I can't imagine when it is my turn. I can't see myself in college and out on my own. I say that I can't wait to get out when I'm around my buds... but I'm not so sure. I couldn't even keep my goldfish alive...
And I am getting really crappy advice... My aunt told me that when I move into my first apartment that I should keep like a baseball bat or something handy... this scares me. No... no advice I have received has calmed my nerves...
All I know is that this next school year is gonna really stink...
                                                                          -KC-

No comments:

Post a Comment